Gajang Buddhist Center Canada
1. Monthly Lama Choepa Tsok (Guru Yoga Puja) - 10th day of each month of the Tibetan Calendar)
2. Monthly Palden Lhamo Dasol
3. Losar (Tibetan New Year) - Center open on 1st and 15th day of Tibetan New Year for devotees to visit Center for Blessings)
4. His Holiness the 11th Panchen Lama’s Birthday (April 25)
5. Palden Lhamo Boom Tsok - during Saka Dawa (4th month of Tibetan Calendar)
6. Saka Dawa - holiest Buddhist holidays as it commemorates Buddha Shakyamuni’s Enlightenment and Parinervana. (15th day of the 4th month of Tibetan Calendar)
7. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s Birthday (July 6)
8. Commemorate His Holiness the Dalai Lama receiving the US Congressional Gold Medal (Oct 17)
9. Commemorate His Holiness the Dalai Lama winning the Nobel Peace Prize (Dec 10th)
10. Lhabub Duchen- Buddha’s descent from Tushita Heaven (22nd day of the 9th month of the Tibetan Calendar)
11. Gaden Nyamcho (Lama Tsongkhapa Day) - (25th day of the 10th month of the Tibetan Calendar)
12. Nyungne (Fasting Retreat) - a very profound 2 ½ day practice where participants have to keep strict vows which involves reciting prayers and mantras of Avalokitesvara. The Retreat is very effective in the healing of illness, nurturing compassion and purification of negative karmas.
Special event in Durham
Program of Meditation Summer Class for Young Tibetain Students
Rituals, Conferences, Mandalas, as Requested
If you or your organisation would be interested in inviting the monks to perform some rituals, conferences, mandalas etc., you are much welcome to contact us. All activities are organized to support their monastery in South India.
Gajang Buddhist Center in Toronto is open everyday. Please call the Center before dropping by as monks may have scheduled prayers in family homes. Thank you.